polyphonic MIDI

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Anonymous

polyphonic MIDI

Post by Anonymous »

Hello,

I'm working in the field of music analysis and at our lab we have developed a real-time beat-tracker for synchronizing multimedia to music. The application detects the beat of a piece of music, sends a MIDI clock signal to a MIDI sequencer (we use a demo version of Ableton Live). The sequencer sends MIDI notes to Resolume 2.2. and triggers some visual FX.
I have some problems triggering 2 FX at a time. Resolume does not recognize polyphonic MIDI in our current set-up.
My question is: Can Resolume handle more than one MIDI note at a time?
Some info on our set-up: the beat-tracker and sequencer runs on a seperate machine. We use 2 USB2MIDI Interfaces for synchronisation. Resolume runs on a PC with WinXP.

Ciao

Christian

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

I can never get it to work polyphonically....
I use a Red Sound Voyager II midi clock generator with a Yamaha Rm1x sequencer for Resolume control.
my way round it is a few milliseconds delay between triggers - i use approximately 10ms delay - it can handle that, and i dont know anyone with eyes quick enough to see the difference :)

kosho
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by kosho »

I can get 2 or 3 simlutaneous controles in R2 working with LFO's in Tobybears's Midi Control Center and MidiYoke. I still have controle over many other R2 functions with my Evolution UC-33. Platform is XP Pro.