New fodder for the feature bucket

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

New fodder for the feature bucket

Post by Oaktown »

Just spent 4 days last week programming Arena 6 for a big show and here is a list of features I wish would have been available (in no particular order):

1) The ability to make a column not triggerable so that I could program animation columns and use keyboard shortcuts (previous and next) to trigger my column cues using the keyboard. It could be as simple as removing the name of the colum to make it so that it gets skipped over.
2) The ability to make clips only triggered by columns so that they can’t be triggered by accident. Having an option to select all clips in a deck would be optimal.
3) Having the ability to use the duration of a still to set keyframes in the new envelope. That would allow to create animations that relate to the duration.
4) Having the ability to drop a keyframe at an exact location in the envelop mode when I use the clip duration.
5) Being able to see click on the keyframes in envelop mode to know the position on the time line
6) Being able to define shortcuts to nudge the keyframe one frame at a time in timeline mode and +/- 1%. For some reason, I can do that with the arrow keys when I’m keyboard mapping and I select a point but it doesn’t work consistently when I go back to normal.
7) When first renaming a column, it’d be great if the [Column #] text was selected when you choose rename instead of having the cursor at the end. It’d be even easier if we could double click on the name.
8) This is probably a pipe dream but I’d love to have an option to have real time in the animation speed control bar instead of having to calculate the duration in second. That would definitely make it much easier to time cued animations especially when working under pressure.
9) Another pipe dream would be to have the ability to double click on a line in the output transformation to add a point instead of having to divide in 2.
10) Being able to open an Arena 6 file with 5.1.4
11) Being able to constrain points in [Edit Points] mode to existing points in other slices which would require to have a mode where one could see mapped points in slices that are not selected
12) Being able to select concurrent points in multiple slices to move them at the same time.
13) Being able to copy/paste a point’s coordinate
14) Having an autopilot mode for columns
15) Being able to copy/paste columns

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: New fodder for the feature bucket

Post by Oaktown »

I'm very surprised I didn't even get one reaction to my long list below!

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

I only saw your post yesterday... was still reading it...

I like the sound of your column suggestions, items 1, 2, 14, and 15 would improve my workflow. I tend to do a lot of column triggering.

Mesec
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Mesec »

A very big +1 for the (1) item on this list. The "next" and "previous" buttons are amazing and I love building shows I can play with these two buttons now, but when it comes to complex show building like for a theatre play I often do, I cant do it without the "skip column" function when triggering it with the next button. Some clips are set to autopilot-next clip - so we need to be able to skip that column.

Thankz!