L - R audio split

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

L - R audio split

Post by Grimm90 »

Hi !

Would it maybe , be one day possible , to split the audio coming in , or have multiple external input sources ?
I use a digital eq on my line in before it goes to resolume so i can make the frequencies more definied for resolume (i do psytrance parties, it's another game than some minimal house) .

Now i wondered if i could put for example a low pass filter on the left channel , have mids and highs on the right channel , and then i could just select in resolume which source to take the audio input from see...

Would make my resolume even better !

Grimm90

Re: L - R audio split

Post by Grimm90 »

nobody ?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Have a look at https://resolume.com/manual/en/r5/contr ... o_analysis
You can set the FFT frequency range in Resolume for every parameter individually.
I think it would do what you are trying to do with your external EQ.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

Thanks , i know how to use these but that isn't really what i meant .

Image you have an sound table mixer , channel input 1 is a guitar , you balance to Left , channel input 2 is a DJ you input to right .
Sound table mixer left right out goes to soundcard left right in , into usb left right audio channels on my pc.

When you use FFT external input on a parameter , it would be cool , if you could not just take "the audio FFT input in resolume" , but choose from Stereo / Left / Right.

To me as an absolute non coder programmer in software that doesn't sound like a hard thing to do for Resolume developers , but it would open double as much audio reactive possibilities ..

With above setups i could have for example one layer with generative effects with paremeters driven by the guitar , that layer with alpha on top of a background layer reacting to the DJ's beats , FFT'ed on low freqs.