Default setting or one Duration setting for multiple clips

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
rkeijsers
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Default setting or one Duration setting for multiple clips

Post by rkeijsers »

It would be nice to add a default setting in the preferences to set the duration of clips.
When importing multiple pictures which need to be shown like a slideshow it would be nice to have a default setting for the duration or an option to select them all and set a duration once for all the clips.

Vrtra81

Re: Default setting or one Duration setting for multiple clips

Post by Vrtra81 »

+1

Asking since v4 for it so I lost any hope that we`ll get it any time in the next decade.
It`s a pain to work with still images like this.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

We have a ticket for this in the features bucket.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Mesec
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Mesec »

I'm just gonna leave a couple of "+1"s here, since I've also asked for this every couple of months since v4

+1+1+1+1+1+1

Please please please add this feature, all it needs to be is a default image duration setting in preferences, because it is taking up stupid amounts of time when building a show, setting the same value for 250 images when u want to do a slideshow.

I know, I've read somewhere on the forum there is a problem differentiating between clips and images, so not asking for a "select multiple images" then change value, just make a default setting in preferences which we can change, so you can drop 200 images in and they all have the same value we can configure.

Thanks & cheers!

Vrtra81

Post by Vrtra81 »

I know, I've read somewhere on the forum there is a problem differentiating between clips and images
If there's a problem why is there a duration field for images and not for clips :?:

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

If there's a problem why is there a duration field for images and not for clips :?:
The short answer is that an image doesn't have a duration in and of itself whereas a clip does based. Resolume assigns an artificial duration to images so that you can use the autopilot and control very precisely (ms) when your effects are triggered.

And there is problem per se, just a couple of features that people (myself included) would like to see implemented: the ability to change the default duration for images so that you can import a batch of pictures with the same duration and the ability to adjust the duration for multiple images at the same time after they're loaded in the comp.