Dmx Fixture Editor.

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
tmorganlx
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Dmx Fixture Editor.

Post by tmorganlx »

Hi Few niffty ideas for the fixture editor.

The ability to create move advanced fixture profiles would be great.
Inserting spacing between channels or the ability to patch 16 bit colours where you get: Red, Red fine Green, Green fine Blue, Blue fine or just simply begin able to insert a blank into this or ofset the channels. Maybe even to great a group or custom fixture from single channels and the save it a single fixture once you where done. Giving you the ability to create odd shaped fixtures and Akward Channel layouts. I find the Lumervise feature really good a use it alot. but some of the newer fixture have akward Dmx profiles.

VipsbKris

Re: Dmx Fixture Editor.

Post by VipsbKris »

I love this idea, I also use the Lumiverse feature extensively, we have a "bee eye" type light and while the way it is now can be programmed in correctly the orientation and position I would like the pixel placement to lineup is not optimal for what I am doing. So adding in a way to move the pixel placement and alter the orientation in the fixture and also having the ability to change the shape other then square (round, hex, octagon) would greatly add functionality to this already great software.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

For the B-Eye fixtures, take a look at this video I made a couple of years ago:

phpBB [video]

VipsbKris

Post by VipsbKris »

I am doing a workaround like this as well right now, however having it premade into trhe fixture creater would be much better then having multiple fixtures as 1 actual. Plus the ability to change the sample area to other then square would better recreate content onto the lights and keeping the orientation and positioning right all of the time.

tmorganlx

Post by tmorganlx »

Yes iv done some more complicated layouts. Robe SPider being one. The way for the fixture like that iv found is to use the dmx fixture layout from the manufacture, then once im done grab all the rgb cells scale it down to the scale then copy and paste the amount i need. This is where the grouping of fixtures would be really good.