autosave request

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
jarnoburger
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

autosave request

Post by jarnoburger »

Light and sound tables all automatically save their current state every x-minutes.
Because you always have that moment that the power goes off , or some other weird stuff.
During preparations of making decks , resolume likes to crash a little too easy.
It would be a proffesional standard to have a autosave during preperation time.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: autosave request

Post by DayVeeJay »

+1

SepticFuddy

Post by SepticFuddy »

In my case, some instability with adding in JuiceBar sources is causing random, semi-frequent crashes. Trying to stay on top of mashing CTRL+S constantly is less than ideal, so autosave would really help.

However, sometimes I don't want the session's tweaks saved to file at all, since I was just using it to demonstrate things for a client. For that reason, I think it would be best for autosave files to be parallel to the loaded file, such as with Office recovery files. Ideally, the autosave interval and number of parallel autosave files to keep should be adjustable by the user, so there can be a history of changes to choose from. It would also protect against any possible critical bug preventing a file from loading without crashing, though I've yet to experience that problem myself.

stream@audiolight.cz

Post by stream@audiolight.cz »

When you add autosave you make many people erect!!!