RE: select Layer shortcut

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
chenthemagician
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

RE: select Layer shortcut

Post by chenthemagician »

SO i was looking at the GMA2 personality by Arvol, and something struck me as a lil odd...We have the select column ability, we have the select deck ability, but we dont have a select layer capability...meaning as a specific variable that when sent a value will select the corresponding layer, namely, if value equals 2, then layer 2 is selected...and if it is 10 then layer 10 is selected....

This would be pretty awesome in the shortcut life of things...just my 2 cents, and also a side note the preview aspect of select clip if you get what i am saying, it would be couple of steps to achieve that vs a way to preview select clip option...hopefully i making sense...Joris and Oaktown help!!! :D ...
HP Omen
8 GB RAM
i7 7th gen 2.8 GHz
Win 10 Home
Nvidia 1050 GTX

Asus G751J - 860M
i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM

Livid OHM RGB Controller

Creating Solutions, Tailored to your needs!

Repping from the 876 - Jamaica "Out of Many, One People"

Flaket
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: RE: select Layer shortcut

Post by Flaket »

chenthemagician wrote:SO i was looking at the GMA2 personality by Arvol, and something struck me as a lil odd...We have the select column ability, we have the select deck ability, but we dont have a select layer capability...meaning as a specific variable that when sent a value will select the corresponding layer, namely, if value equals 2, then layer 2 is selected...and if it is 10 then layer 10 is selected....

This would be pretty awesome in the shortcut life of things...just my 2 cents, and also a side note the preview aspect of select clip if you get what i am saying, it would be couple of steps to achieve that vs a way to preview select clip option...hopefully i making sense...Joris and Oaktown help!!! :D ...
Should be possible with not so much difficulty as long it works great with midi shortcut.

I suppose you should select edit dmx, clik on the layer button and assigned a dmx channel.