bypass slices

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
rawdesigns
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

bypass slices

Post by rawdesigns »

Not sure if this is a bug or not but I remember in res5 in the advanced output window, if you select multiple slices, your "Input Opacity" and "Input Bypass/Solo" check boxes are present. But in res6 it looks like you have to do that individually on each slice. Not a big deal but just curious

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: bypass slices

Post by Joris »

This is actually a bug. And you'll be pleased to know it has ticket number 10666 :evil:

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Oops. This is not actually a bug. We removed this option from multiselect, because this caused problems when the selection contained both slices with composition and routed inputs.

Ticket 10666 is related, but not the same.

dirtyjohn_lv

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Is this fixed in 6.06? I have around 1500 slices i have to change the bypass option for :(

lightbx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by lightbx »

What on GOD'S GREEN EARTH are you doing with 1500 SLICES? More information required for proper diagnosis!

dirtyjohn_lv

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Programming fun with chaser. It’s so hard to draw in every square to make things look random :roll:

3 virtual output to group my slices per screen, then 1 slice per screen in my main output to pull the virtual outputs.

If you add a group or layer , it resets the group in the input routing and end up have to uncheck every bypass again :cry:

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

dirtyjohn_lv wrote:Programming fun with chaser. It’s so hard to draw in every square to make things look random :roll:

3 virtual output to group my slices per screen, then 1 slice per screen in my main output to pull the virtual outputs.

If you add a group or layer , it resets the group in the input routing and end up have to uncheck every bypass again :cry:

I had a similar issue in December with 1700 slices. My
Solution was to copy and paste after creating the right bypass settings.

I felt like I reported this awhile ago surprised its kicking around d.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

#9848 is the one where we made a change for the multi select, so composition slices can't be set to ignore opacity and bypass via multi select.
dirtyjohn_lv wrote:If you add a group or layer , it resets the group in the input routing and end up have to uncheck every bypass again :cry:
Adding a layer or a group should not have any effect on the Advanced output slice routings.
If you add a layer below a routed layer then the routed layer above will have the layer index increased, so of course you'll have to set that layer as input again.
In such a case then When I multi select my slices which have different settings for ignore bypass and opacity, and set the same type (layer) as input for them with a different layer, then my settings are kept. for the individual slices.
Selecting a group instead of a layer resets the ignore settings.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

dirtyjohn_lv

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

I'm kind of stuck then.

My original chaser output is from a completely different advanced output/composition setup. It's easy enough to copy/paste XML from one composition to another, but still have to change bypass setting because compositions/outputs don't match.

I could use drazkers method, but I would essentially have to recreate the whole chaser again. Either way, lots of lost time