saving 8 decks

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
scarlac
Is taking Resolume on a second date

saving 8 decks

Post by scarlac »

Hi again

saving the 8 decks in 1 file could be great too. 20 anims or one deck is not enough for me.

cya

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That's the feature I'd love to have. Something like the ability to save a set of desks. Often I prepare several desks for performance, and it takes too long to load them one by one.

Speaking of that, what reall bugs me is that I have to configure reolume every time it starts. Going to Screen setup panel, change the resolution, turn on the overlay... then load all your desks... it's especially annoying if you are doing it in the middle of the show after resolume crashed (which, unfortunately, happens sometimes).

So what I'd like is the ability to save your configuration. It could be done either to some default file that loads automatically when resolume starts, or some named file that you can specify in command line (like "resoulme.exe -cMyConfig.cfg"), so you can make a shortcut.

Yuri

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi,
as for saving the screen setup we will have a look wether this is possible to do in a nice way. There is allways a prolem that when you start resolume it may not be started in the same setup as you had before. Diconnected second monitor, or not a monitor but a tv, or maybe you connected three screens. So we will have to make this bomb proof. We will see what we can do. We had more questions according this.

as for saving multiple decks, we won't be making project files of some sort wich contain 8 decks. We think it wil be less flixible and becoming unclear. What you can do is the following, save 8 decks in a specfic category (create your own category).
If you want to load 8 decks at the time just double click the category and the first 8 decks will be loaded automatically. We think this is a nice workaround and very workable.

Cheers
Edwin

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

i like the "category loading" idea, its more flexible than loading 8 decks in one go :)
Hello :)
I too would realy like NOT to have to do screen setup everytime too.... maybe instead of automatically loading the extra screen/s you could have a single button to activate a pre-determined screen setup. At least this way, you wouldnt hav to go in and select it every time, and you could avoid he problem of Resolume trying to initialise a monitor that isnt attached.

cheers
VJ Air

pifco
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

forgive stoopidity

Post by pifco »

What do you mean by category?
How can I do this?
Is it the same as a folder or something?

Polite, non-patronising replies much apreciated
piff

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi Pifco,
right click in the deck list to add a category (same as in the effect list).
on the background a subdirectory is created in the decks folder.

cheers
Edwin

scarlac

Post by scarlac »

Hi Edwin

Yep, this is very cool, that's what I needed. We even can drag and drop from one category to the other. that's way to cool.

Thanx for the tip

cya

scarlac

Post by scarlac »

One more question about those categories

it seems like we can't delete a category, is that possible.

Thx
cya

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

you can only delete a category when it's empty
or after shutting down resolume you can just delete the subdirectories in the decks folder.
Edwin

pifco
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by pifco »

Originally posted by edwin
Hi Pifco,
right click in the deck list to add a category (same as in the effect list).
on the background a subdirectory is created in the decks folder.

cheers
Edwin
nice one
cheers