Freeze composition

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Freeze composition

Post by Oaktown »

Any chance to add the ability to freeze the composition to the current state so that one can keep working in blind while the content is still showing on the screens?

AngeloDV
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Freeze composition

Post by AngeloDV »

It's quite a good idea actually. Although I think most will scratch their heads how to best implement this. The cheap method is throwing a Freeze effect on the composition but that beats the purpose of working blind.

An interesting scenario is if there is a possibility to add video effects further down the line after the composition that are specifically meant for the slices. Like borders, patterns or in this case freeze (or delay?)

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I like this idea alot.

chenthemagician
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by chenthemagician »

Hey OakTown....define in the blind ?

because if you area looking at it from the point of view as a theater style console, where you can set up different looks and save them, then it would not work persay....

the reason I say that is doesn't the idea of groups somewhat mitigate having a blind function seeing that you can monitor a group now and see what is there, then for arguments sake 2 different groups, and then use the A|B crossfade to jump between the 2 "looks" seeing that the composition would be "frozen" with 1 group vs the other group...

my 2 cents
HP Omen
8 GB RAM
i7 7th gen 2.8 GHz
Win 10 Home
Nvidia 1050 GTX

Asus G751J - 860M
i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM

Livid OHM RGB Controller

Creating Solutions, Tailored to your needs!

Repping from the 876 - Jamaica "Out of Many, One People"

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

For me ‘blind mode” would be the ability to visualize the composited result without affecting the live visuals. This would be a great asset during technical rehearsals where I could freeze the current content on all screens and work on other things.

I know I can use the snapshot feature (and I do) but it’s a convoluted way of handling it so I would like to have a UI shortcut that would let me freeze the current composition whether it’s still or animated so that I can leave content on the stage and work on other things and visualize the composited result on my UI screen.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

+1
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

matinthehat

Post by matinthehat »

I was confused by this at first and thought the same thing.. Pause or a freeze effect would achieve this.
However, a blind mode or Freeze output would be amazing :)

+1

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

So the defining feature here would be that the Output Monitor will stay active and show changes you make, but the actual output will stay frozen?

AngeloDV

Post by AngeloDV »

It sounds kinda like a Folsom. You can freeze the output but the loop through will stay active

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Joris wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 08:57 So the defining feature here would be that the Output Monitor will stay active and show changes you make, but the actual output will stay frozen?
Yes, that’s exactly what I’m after!