Alley last folders & playmode by default

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
elgarf
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Alley last folders & playmode by default

Post by elgarf »

Hi.

1) It will be good if alley save last 5 folders, so I can just select folder from list and not save preset for this.
2) Alley play clips automatically by default. If I need convert some video with sound I must mute sound from laptop (because channel on audiomixer is always opened), then convert video, then unmute sound.
I'd like to see default playmode feature: load, load & play forward, etc. So when I open clip in Alley, it just loads and stay on pause.

Mesec
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Alley last folders & playmode by default

Post by Mesec »

+ 1 on the default playmode, gets a bit "distracting" sometimes when I’m just going through files in the convert tab while also converting them in queue and also doing a ton of other stuff at the same time that already makes my computer go slow slow slow :)

Three other things I noticed

1. I would love a “No disk space left” notification, I noticed it quickly and re-converted the files, but if u are doing a ton of them, you might not notice that the ones that didn’t finish are dead files, they are there but don’t work.

2. I would love it if the sidebar would be present from the beginning, because now when I start the program, I have to drop in a file to get the sidebar, so I can then go to convert tab, then drop in files

3. Do presets not save audio settings?

Also, I cant leave a comment here without saying, the new multithread convert function is EPIC, damn this is awesome, and fast, thank you guys! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

elgarf wrote:1) It will be good if alley save last 5 folders, so I can just select folder from list and not save preset for this.
Could you give me a use case for this? To help us understand your workflow?
Mesec wrote:2. I would love it if the sidebar would be present from the beginning,
We're trying to keep the clean look that the player only version has. After dropping in files to the player, there's a 'Convert' button at the bottom to add files to the Convert tab without having to drag again.
Mesec wrote:3. Do presets not save audio settings?
They do, but they'll be hidden when you convert video only files.

For the other points, thanks for the feedback! We'll see what we can do for you!

elgarf

Post by elgarf »

Joris wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 16:46 Could you give me a use case for this? To help us understand your workflow?
I have several folders, one folder for one event. When I convert files for new event I don't want to have mp4, avi, etc files mixed with my mov files, so I just put them into subfolder, named DXV or something else. Ok, I convert all files, that I have into this folder and I can close Alley. But suddenly I need convert another file, so I open Alley again and if I didn't saved preset for this event, I need to navigate my DXV folder again.

So I need to create preset for each event with same encoding settings, but with different output folders.

What if we split encoding settings and output folder settings, or make navigation window startup location at last selected folder?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

When I convert files for new event I don't want to have mp4, avi, etc files mixed with my mov files, so I just put them into subfolder, named DXV or something else
Alley already has an option to automatically put the converted files in a subfolder next to the originals, pretty much exactly for this reason. Maybe that helps keeping your files separated and organised?

https://resolume.com/support/en/convers ... put-folder

elgarf

Post by elgarf »

Maybe. Sometimes Alley even doesn't put my converted files next to originals. I think that's because of cyrillic symbols in their names. For example, I convert file "D:\Проекты\20.11.2018, Какой-то проект\Render\Заставка.mov" and it will be putted into D:\ disk. Or something like that. I don't remember exact file names(

Btw, I should still browse directory if I don't want put source files into event folder.