Takeover mode

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
inzieye
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Takeover mode

Post by inzieye »

Hi,

is it possible to add a "takeover mode" for midi settings. Like in Ableton Live.
Maybe it's not possible, maybe it's not a priority, maybe it will coming soon?...

And if I say it's the only missing option in Resolume?

Thanks

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Takeover mode

Post by He2neg »

I dont know Abalton live so i dont know what the "takeover mode" is doing.

But you may will get a respond from some1 who know this and can tell if its somewere hidden oder what is a possible work around to get what you want.

Or you may be so kind and explain it to all the non abalton users here ;)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

inzieye

Post by inzieye »

Good advice,

The "takeover mode" is Midi setting, you can choose between 3 modes :

None — As soon as the physical control is moved, its new value is sent immediately to its destination parameter, usually resulting in abrupt value changes.

Pick-Up — Moving the physical control has no effect until it reaches the value of its destination parameter. As soon as they are equal, the destination value tracks the control’s value 1:1. This option can provide smooth value changes, but it can be difficult to estimate exactly where the pick-up will take place.

Value Scaling — This option ensures smooth value transitions. It compares the physical control’s value to the destination parameter’s value and calculates a smooth convergence of the two as the control is moved. As soon as they are equal, the destination value tracks the control’s value 1:1.

I would like to use the Pick-Up mode.

Thanks

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

I would love to have the pickup Mode as well... and no i dont know any workarounds...

When you change your value and then touch fader it jumps to the new value.

Unless you use midi / osc out and your interface can handle it as well... Then all values on all devices will allways be in sync
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

Would be handy between devices for sure!

I created this in touch designer taking in 2 midi devices and artnet.

It was not computationally easy with python tho, I had some fps issues.

inzieye

Post by inzieye »

Thank you for your answers,

I'm using TouchOSC and Lemur too but I need some more "physical" control for specific effects and I don't want to use as much controllers as effects that I use.
So I need to control different parameters with the same physical button (fader, rotary...) and when I switch between them, values jump to the physical position of the button. Sometimes it's not a problem but generally it looks dirty visually.

Mainstage (Apple music software) propose the same function. So maybe it will come in Resolume one day.