Triggering Clips in Arena via ArtNet from an ETC lighting console

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Hobbes
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Triggering Clips in Arena via ArtNet from an ETC lighting console

Post by Hobbes »

For a theatrical production, I need to trigger clips in Arena from an ETC console (ION, GIO, or EOS) via ArtNet. Each clip (or group) in Arena needs to trigger in conjunction with specific lighting cues. There will also be stage lighting fixtures patched to the first 4 universes. I am running Arena 6.1.1 on the latest 2018 MacBook Pro.

Has anyone done this setup successfully? If so, can you please describe all of the network settings, patch, etc., (in both Arena and the lighting console) that you did to make this happen? I have followed the instructions in the Arena manual for setting up ArtNet and DMX shortcuts, but it does not seem to be working.

I have done this type of setup with QLab connected to the lighting console via MIDI, and simply assigned the QLab clip the same cue number as the lighting cue. The video clip would then trigger when the "GO" button was pressed on the lighting console for the corresponding lighting cue. That type of setup does not seem possible in Arena. If it is, please let me know!

Are DMX shortcuts the best way to accomplish what I am trying to do, or would it be possible/better to use MIDI shortcuts (or do it some other way I am not aware of)?

Any help asap would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Triggering Clips in Arena via ArtNet from an ETC lighting console

Post by He2neg »

You can DMX Map a Layer to a Channel, and then the DMX Value 0-255 will be the first to the 255th Clip in this Layer.
....Clip Trigger...

You can find anything you´ll need to know here:

https://resolume.com/support/en/dmx-shortcuts
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Set up Artnet in your ETC lighting console and make sure both the console and Arena are on the same network (IP, subnet mask and router if applicable). If you don't know how to do that on the board, call ETC and they will gladly help you out over the phone.

Mixalisfr
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Mixalisfr »

https://resolume.com/support/en/dmx-shortcuts for dmx mapping citp is not supported