"Clip mapping focus area" for controllers with pads

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
dsquareddan
Is taking Resolume on a second date

"Clip mapping focus area" for controllers with pads

Post by dsquareddan »

Hi, I find one of the biggest limitations in my preferred style of VJing is being limited to the number of pads on my controller that I can map to individual clips in Resolume. For example, lets say most people have APC40mkII, which has a main 5x8 grid of pads that can be mapped to 5 layers by 8 columns of clips. The problem is that if you want to have more than those 40 clips in one deck, you can't MIDI map it to your controller natively in Resolume (that i'm aware of).

What I am suggesting for an idea, is a "clip focus area" whereby you input the size of the grid you wish to map (5 on the Y axis, 8 on the X axis) and then a highlighted box would appear surrounding the clips in that area. You can also map a "nudge box left, right, up or down" values, which would allow you to move this focused area of clip mapping around your composition, updating the values on the controller pad lights depending on what clip resides in them at that moment.

A great example of this is how Ableton Live does it in their "Clip Launch" view with say a launchpad controller. Or even an APC40. you can scroll through your project up/down/left/right and you'll see a red box around the clips mapped to your controller in Ableton.

I personally use a Native Instruments Kontrol F1, and it only has a 4x4 grid, which makes mapping clips to it a real constraint. What would be ideal for me would be able to map this 4x4 highlighted box, then map the encoder knob to scroll that highlighted box left/right through clips in that deck.

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: "Clip mapping focus area" for controllers with pads

Post by Grimm90 »

+1 , exactly what i tried to say in my last feature req. post

pistalgeek
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by pistalgeek »

+1 100% need this, kinda how the apc behaves on ableton

efferao

Post by efferao »

+1 +1 +1 :geek:

grobkorn

Post by grobkorn »

+1+1+1+1!!!
I thought I'm the only one, missing that fearure

Would be amazing if this comes to one of the next updates.
Please, resolume guys :)