Enhanced test card

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Mavyre
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Enhanced test card

Post by Mavyre »

Hey everybody!

I'm trying to get working multiple screens, and discovered that Resolume only output one test card to the Composition.
It could be great that we have "per slice" test card like in the introduction video:

Anyone tried to get something like that?
Attachments
testcards.png

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Enhanced test card

Post by He2neg »

What you see are testfiles using for LED Wall mapping. These are created for each Job new...

You can use a lot of programs and tools to generate them.

https://pixlevolution.com/2017/11/22/pixl-grid/

http://www.dvizion.net/portfolio/led-pixelmapper/

When you know what the resolutions are and how to map them you can use these files either in Layers or in the advanced output...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I've always had my doubts about providing this as an automated function in Resolume.

As He2neg mentions, the actual purpose of these test cards is to make sure that the input map you've used to prepare your content and composition, actually matches the output map used in the LED processor.

The moment we start generating this output based on the current output position and size of your slices, the test card will always show that it's correct, even though your input can still be completely off. At that point, it looks cool, but it serves no real purpose.

Now we could provide it as an automated test card on the input side, but that would mean you'd have to stop layer to slice routing and the world is just not ready for that yet...

Mavyre
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Mavyre »

Joris wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 13:06 I've always had my doubts about providing this as an automated function in Resolume.

As He2neg mentions, the actual purpose of these test cards is to make sure that the input map you've used to prepare your content and composition, actually matches the output map used in the LED processor.

The moment we start generating this output based on the current output position and size of your slices, the test card will always show that it's correct, even though your input can still be completely off. At that point, it looks cool, but it serves no real purpose.

Now we could provide it as an automated test card on the input side, but that would mean you'd have to stop layer to slice routing and the world is just not ready for that yet...
Haha, I can understand what you're saying. However, I'm never using layer to slice routing (I feel that's a "lazy" workaround).
I'll check onto those generators, It'll certainly satisfy my demand.

Thank you all two for the help!