effect presets shortcut menu

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
dradutu
Is taking Resolume on a second date

effect presets shortcut menu

Post by dradutu »

i'd like to be able to map the effect presets button to change presets the way you change blend modes.
or even something like hover + keys, or hover + scroll [maybe even with a modifier].
in res 3 you could change presets with up and down arrow keys, i liked that.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: effect presets shortcut menu

Post by Joris »

There are advantages to this, but also lots of drawbacks. You can read more about that here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17139&p=70466&hilit ... ets#p70318

dradutu

Post by dradutu »

i imagined it would be less taxing than something like ftt or timeline which changes values continuously, but i know nothing about programming. i do it with irosc and i see no speed penalty.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

It's not so much performance, but stability and UX. Changing a single parameter continuously is very safe. Recalling a preset, that is not guaranteed to exist on disk anymore, for potentially dozens of parameters, that may have their ranges changed, if they even still exist at all, is the opposite of safe :)

dradutu

Post by dradutu »

had to ask officially. on the bright side: you're a fan of the idea, alternatives are looked into, and envelopes.
thank you.