Only one clip from each group

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Nolaguit
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Only one clip from each group

Post by Nolaguit »

I midi mapped a guitar and bass. I grouped 4 layers for bass and 6 layers for the guitar. There are 18 columns to cover all of the frets. It's a one to one visualization of the necks of the instruments.

Is there any way that I can use Play Once and Hold on the clips but only allow one clip to play from each group regardless of which layer in the group it is on?

It would act like the entire neck of the bass is mapped to a single layer (72 columns) and the entire neck of the guitar is mapped to another (108 columns). I'm sure you can understand why I wouldn't want to try to manage a 2 x 108 grid.

Sorry if this is a newbie question. I promise, I've been searching and reading for a while.

Thanks.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Only one clip from each group

Post by Joris »

If it's really a one to one visualisation of the frets, you can use a combination of piano mode triggering and free layer target. The layer target respects the group it's in, so it won't mix the bass and guitar content.

If you really only want to allow one clip at a time for each group, you'll have to to redesign your comp to work with a 2 x 108 grid.