visually group layers in resolume together

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

visually group layers in resolume together

Post by Grimm90 »

Now thats a good example !

Another request , instead of starting a new topic ill just drop it here ..

A way to visually group layers in resolume together , while leaving them in their order in the stack.

I often work with a lot of layers , renders , images , clips , fx layers you name it it's in there.
Most of the time i only need to actively "see" about 1/3th of my layers, these are my clip layers , my stage renders , my 50mask "flash" layer , the important stuff , but they are scattered in various places in layer order of my comp.

So to keep my vital info together and not have to scroll all the time, i bring these layers together to make layers 1 - 8 , bypass certaub layers and i will use new layers in the right place + routers to pipe the video into the right place in my comp. This way i can focus on my content and not have to browse through all the whistles and bells layers that make my complex comps :s .

This does complicates my comp, uses resources, but it's the only way i found to keep things manageable with 20 - 30 layers :s

An option like "lock this layer order" , while making it dragable to where you want to layer could maybe be a way ( with a different color trick then to indiciate its in another place in the layer order)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: visually group layers in resolume together

Post by Zoltán »

Moved to a separate topic ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: visually group layers in resolume together

Post by Grimm90 »

Good call , thanks Zoltan !