Can't use audio input as a source!!! and therefore can't record live audio

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
sTuVIdR
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Can't use audio input as a source!!! and therefore can't record live audio

Post by sTuVIdR »

Ok so when you go to the "sources" tab it's reasonable to think that there should be a source labelled "audio input"... but there's not.

As far as I can tell there's currently no way to send audio through Resolume, and thereby you can't record live audio to a muxxed video.

This really makes Resolume a lot less versatile, it's probably easy to implement, let's add it in the next update!!!!

Or is there a way to use an audio input already, er... did I miss something?

PS: If anyone knows a workaround, please post it below! I see that some in the past have used Jackpilot and wormhole VSTs, which seems clunky, and I don't think those 32bit plugs are supported anyway now in Resolume anyway.

deflost
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Can't use audio input as a source!!! and therefore can't record live audio

Post by deflost »

hello. yes, it would be super fantastic to have live audio input as a source. but maybe we start with getting ndi audio into the clipslot with ndi sources? we think it is also very important to get the chance to route premade or live sound to different audio outputs like normal for software which is asio ready on windows. audio live input in addition with multichannel audio output routing would bring resolume to galleries and general in use for artists and installation stuff.
r.h
westfernsehen, leipzig

leefeel
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by leefeel »

Any updates on recording audio input???

UON
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by UON »

PLEASE add this feature into the next Resolume update <3 It would help my workflow so greatly and I think recording from a live source would be super easy to implement.

Right now the recording feature is useless to me, I just use OBS which doesn't give me recordings with an alpha channel.
In Resolume I'd have to use a separate program to record the audio, then try to sync up both together in Adobe Premiere or After Effects which is a huge pain!

GroovinDJ

Post by GroovinDJ »

I'll add my vote here too.

It certainly baffled me that I was feeding in audio to use with AR graphics, but the video recording I made to test AV sync was completely silent. The audio is in the software - the VU meters are flashing away - but making a recording doesn't capture it. Strange behaviour IMO.

:roll:

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

To be fair, Resolume is a VJ "Video" Jockey, software. Resolume to OBS via Spout seems to be a very easy way to get this to work.

GroovinDJ

Post by GroovinDJ »

I know it's VJ software. That doesn't explain/justify why the record option doesn't include the incoming audio.

Going by what's available in the preferences, it's likely that most users would assume the incoming audio would be recorded.

There are prefs for audio input. There are prefs for recording just video, just audio or both - and yet the incoming audio is not recorded.

Nothing in the manual or the software that warns you about this, or offers an explanation as to why it's not recorded. It just doesn't do it, and the user is left wondering what's wrong.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

IDK man. sTuVIdR did the right thing by making it a feature request. I'm just here to provide a work around that most people are using :)