Resolume Remote, Resolume Display & Task

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
jimbiscuit
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume Remote, Resolume Display & Task

Post by jimbiscuit »

Hello,

Resolume Remote & Resolume Display

My suggestion is to have two new version of resolume, the main features is the same from Resolume Arena.

Resolume Remote : Visualy it's look like other resolume version, but in the option you can enter ip adress of a Resolume Display copy content from Remote to Display, control the Display computer, ... . It's use to remote another Display computer or several Computer with each a version of Display. You can control everything from video mixing to projection mapping and blending.

Resolume Display : When you launch the app you see nothing just a new icon in the system tray. When you will make your mapping in the remote the screen will appear on the output of the computer where Display is.

the advantage of this two new version :
- the computer where Display is will have all the power just to display your content and not all the user interface of resolume
- if you have a computer with 4 outputs and you have 4 VP, you don't have to controle trough OCS with an interface in Touchdesigner or use a Matrox card or similar.
- multi-user : you can have multiple Remote connect to the same Display, while someone work on the mapping another one can program the show.

Task

Task is use to automate some part of resolume with trigger. You have one trigger but you can have multiple task that will be executed in a row.
Trigger exemple : Calendar, Timer, Counter, click, keyboard, ...
Task exemple : Control Resolume (start column, start clip, change volume, change opacity, ...), Control VP on the network (start VP, enable Shutter, shutdown VP,...), ...

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Resolume Remote, Resolume Display & Task

Post by Arvol »

What would the advantage of this?
At what computer will the content live on, the remotes or the master?
OSC has been a great way for me to build my current remotes, and it's 100% to my custom UI desires, so I can build something around my workflow ;)