Resolume loop coposition, drag clip slot into Alley to render a Loop

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Resolume loop coposition, drag clip slot into Alley to render a Loop

Post by DHoude »

I know this might seem counter intuitive. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to many to add a feature where you could drag any Resolume clip slot into Alley to render a full loop of the clip. Kind of like Alley being smart enough to make DXVs out of pictures. This could make a clip with all it's effects or a source with a bunch of effects into a looping clip.

It could be used for a variety of reasons from less GPU/CPU (if you are into CPU rendering... lol) to draw a whole stack of sources and effects live, to making content for use anywhere. Resolume is such an awesome composition tool that in some ways, it could save us money by not requiring After Effects subscriptions.

The only drawback I could see is if effect timelines are not looping at the same time as the clip then it won't seamlessly loop. But to whip up a quick animated logo or other such assets, this could be a huge time saver and dollars for guys like me who are not really making enough to sustain all the costs and $600 a year for Adobe CC too.

Another view point of this feature could be to just click on the clip in Resolume and say Export/Render as loop. Or have an Auto Stop on the Resolume record button after the clip playback timeline has been reached. I have actually never really found a need for the record button, but I would if it did this.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Resolume loop coposition, drag clip slot into Alley to render a Loop

Post by Zoltán »

DHoude wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 01:40 Another view point of this feature could be to just click on the clip in Resolume and say Export/Render as loop.
+1 ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

RossMcIntosh
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by RossMcIntosh »

Zoltán wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 09:18
DHoude wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 01:40 Another view point of this feature could be to just click on the clip in Resolume and say Export/Render as loop.
+1 ;)
+1

And if we can manage that, what about exporting a column to a clip.
Or am I just getting too greedy now?

movebandit

Post by movebandit »

+1

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

This goes with wanting to record in Alpha and another recent post to record in Uncompressed, although DXV is fine for me! All in all there seems to be a need to look at Resolume as a creation tool as well as a playback tool, especially since the big leap in smoothness with 7 and the increasing speed of machines and graphics cards. Ideally one could record quick and dirty, or render for top DXV HQ Alpha - if machine is too slow. And be able to record single clip passes and loops, as well as short stop go `performances` .