Rework Lumiverses /Fixture Handling/ Advanced Ouput Improvements

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Rework Lumiverses /Fixture Handling/ Advanced Ouput Improvements

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

I've done 35 universes with strips and Resolume before, but nothing ever spanned universes. It was installed so everything stopped at 170 pixels to fit inside the universe. Took 2 hours to map. Find first and last pixel of fixture and flip it around in the map.
This was only for several square grids on a ceiling. For things that usually requires other/odd shapes, I generally use ELM to map everything.

AcdNrg
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by AcdNrg »

Menno wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 14:30 Excuse my ignorance, but how many universes/pixels does everyone expect to be addressing with pixelstrips? 60 sounds like an exaggeration, or is that actually the amount you'd be using? Or perhaps even more?
I´m just a hobbyist who is probably not a representative member of this community. Even in my smallish "club at home" installation I will go for 40+ universes. Phase 1 Prototype just got finished using 16 universes already: 16 strips on the ceiling in parallel, 5m each, chopped into 1m segments for easy installation and rearrangement. I waste a bit of address space to get the flexibility and clear structure (450 addresses per universe).

Base materials for the next 16 strips, controllers, profiles... all are sitting right next to me while I´m typing, soldering will start once I manage to stop being amazed and look at the ceiling all night long :mrgreen:

But back to your question: Now that I see how well this little project went, I´m very very very tempted to go beyond "LED ceiling" and add a few more strip-based thingies to my room. Let´s add a grid on the wall or some light objects with a bit of complexity in them and 60+ is within reach.

All of this with address friendly 30 LED/m strips, just using 60 LED/m strips for smoother movement and you double the numbers of universes. 80 just for the ceiling.

I think the numbers rise quickly.

Teddylites
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Teddylites »

I agree with all of this. I have done 30 universes for a stage before and it is cumbersome when you have to make shapes or have stragler pixels to finish and then go through and address everything.

It would be nice to see all of this as well as shapes but also make your own shapes and choose where the addresses start.

For instance.. if i wanted to make my own b eye profile or robe spiider..etc.. and save that as something i can drag and drop.