Reading from a Database or CSV file

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
JimmyP
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Reading from a Database or CSV file

Post by JimmyP »

I got a show coming up that would require me to display names (And maybe pictures) on a screen but the names live in a database that is constantly being updated. has anyone done anything like this with resolume?
Jayme McColgan
Lighting Designer

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Reading from a Database or CSV file

Post by Arvol »

Depends...
What is the database?

In short, no, nothing like this exists currently.
If it's a csv file I can building something that can do this though, it really just depends on your file. If you can send me a link to the file and if the names will be in the same column throughout the file I could probably build something for you in a few min.

Would you just want an interface that selects a row one at a time when you press up and down? How would you want it to work?

This would output text via OSC going into Resolume's Text Block or Text Animation source on your composition. (For your formatting)

Also, how often will this file be updated? I need to build in a "refresh" option for this. The more it refreshes the more system resources will be used, so if once every 5-10 min is cool, but it can be once a second if you really need it lol

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I got bored, Here ya go ;)
https://gumroad.com/l/csv_to_osc_pixel_party

TBH, I don't think this is something Resolume needs to have, as maybe 0.0005% of their user base would utilize this, and it wouldn't be worth the time to develop. (Just my 2 cents).

To make this app work be sure to format your CSV to have all the fields you want to display in Resolume to be in all of the same Row or Column, then you can sort by Row or Column and then you can sort through them line by line. I also built in OSC Input control as well, so you can use a Resolume FX like Dummy Params to control this App from within Resolume (Just needs 1 Dial/Fader and 3 Momentary Buttons).
http://www.subpixels.com/resolume/ffgl/ ... mmyParams/

Hope this get's you sorted.

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

Sounds like something i would use touchdesigner for.
Plenty of ways of reading & visualizing CSV file data in touchdesigner, and spout/syphon/NDI output this to Resolume