smpte trigger

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Javen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

smpte trigger

Post by Javen »

It is strongly recommended that the column can be triggered by smpte. I know there are plugins, but I don’t want to

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: smpte trigger

Post by Arvol »

I've toured with this app for a few years, It drove most of the show I was involved in. We also had a 14 million dollar booth for a client at CES last year, this app drove that entire show for the duration of CES:
https://gumroad.com/l/trigger_pixel_party

@Zoltan has made and app as well that does this:
http://palffyzoltan.hu/?url=controller&src=signature

If your artist is just using CDJ's then ShowKontrol is another solution.

I'd love to have clips and columns triggered via LTC but there is a LOT more you have to consider when writing this in. (what if you artists cues in past a point of the start point for your LTC trigger, what if there are multiple things mapped to the the same start point [conflicts]). For now, these apps are a good solution to get you working.

deflost
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by deflost »

hello. for fast and professional use of ltc,
it is absolutly nesseccary that resolume is able to trigger events by ltc wihout 3rdparty stuff!!!
so every lightning software is able to trigger a cue by ltc and then process anything with dmx or artnet or media or whatever.
but to arm the stuff you want to fire,
it should be done be arena and not by workaround.
so what about a armed (triggered clip) with ltc controllable osc out!?
thats what the most apps do, and why not this way?

thx.

r.h.
westfernsehen, leipzig

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

You can also use your lighting console to fire off column triggers. The majority of Resolume users do not use ltc. So my guess would be that this topic is on the roadmap. But priority comes with features and bug fixes for the stuff that the majority of the users require. Which is why I listed work arounds until these features can be added.