Temperature and sharpness correction effect

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Flavio_PixelSAV
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Temperature and sharpness correction effect

Post by Flavio_PixelSAV »

Hello everyone, does anyone know any color temperature adjustment plugin for Resolume? The effect suggestion for Resolume remains. I'm using it for Virtual Scenarios, and this feature of adjusting the color temperature would look great. And having an effect to adjust the sharpness would also be excellent. Here's the tip.
Thank you all for any help.
I've been working with Resolume for 10 years, since version 3, and I think it's amazing what this software provides us.
get to know our work at www.pixelsav.com.br
A hug to everyone.

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: Temperature and sharpness correction effect

Post by edwin »

Is this what you have in mind when talking about adjusting color temperature.
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4sc3D7

Flavio_PixelSAV

That's right, my friend. Is it possible to put this code somewhere in Resolume?

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

I can't promise anything but we'll have a look if we can create an effect with this.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

edwin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:29 I can't promise anything but we'll have a look if we can create an effect with this.
Funny, Just last night I was talking with a friend about having him work on a ffgl for something similar to this.
Something I have felt was always missing was a basic texture adjustment option in Resolume.
If you're familiar with Adobe's Lumetri Color plugin, it would be the "basic" section from that. with the following options:

White Balance
Tint
Exposure
Contrast
Whites
Highlights
Midtones
Shadows
Blacks
Vibrance
Saturation

With Covid, I've been using Resolume a LOT more in virtual production environments, and there has been many times that the client has brought their own camera's and we can't color match each camera that great inside the camera's themselves, so having something inside Resolume to get the camera's near matched would be HUGE for these kind of situations.

Would you possible consider looking into adding the features above to a Basic Color Correction plugin?
And if you wanted to take it a step further, building an advanced plugin with the Lumetri HSL secondary system would be amazing, but I know Angelo and subpixels has something out that is similar to that already.

Much Love :)

Flavio_PixelSAV

Exactly Arvol, these features would be excellent, and adding the option of sharpening mask would help a lot in the perception of FullHD quality.
In the mapping I do, there is a huge difference between videos with sharpness applied and without sharpness.
You are incredible, thankful for your participation in this topic.
Strong hug.
Flávio Dantas (http://www.pixelsav.com.br/)

resolumejunkie
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by resolumejunkie »

Vuo Pro has a Color Temperature plugin capability. I made one with Vuo Pro. Here is a link to it. It's the ColorTemp plugin. enjoy. (EDIT: Since Resolume Wire can do this, maybe people should just spend $400 on that software, rather than use the free plugins I was trying to give away, to be nice).
Last edited by resolumejunkie on Sun Jun 20, 2021 00:43, edited 1 time in total.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Now that Wire is out, we can build this in Wire, I just did a movie shoot with a Wire plugin for color correction. :)

resolumejunkie
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by resolumejunkie »

Arvol wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 23:01 Now that Wire is out, we can build this in Wire, I just did a movie shoot with a Wire plugin for color correction. :)
Oklahoma? Are you on the Marty movie?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

My house is in Oklahoma, I rarely am lol ;)