Edit BPM Grid on "BPM Sync" (or set downbeat)

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
brunoliv
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Edit BPM Grid on "BPM Sync" (or set downbeat)

Post by brunoliv »

Hello everyone, first post here :D
First of all, sorry for my english (english is not my first language)

I have a lot of elements that it would look awesome when synchronized with the bpm, but the majority of them, the part where the visual has to sync with the downbeat, are far ahead on the clip.
That's why I think if resolume have a "edit bpm grid" option it would be a time saver!

I was think in something like this:
resolume_bpmsync_editgrid.jpg
resolume_bpmsync_editgrid.jpg (20.48 KiB) Viewed 5555 times
a new button called grid (or edit, or anything else) would be add on the "Beats" parameter an when activated you could click on the beats marker and a placeholder would appear with a number corresponding to that marker an you could drag to a position to set that marker on that portion of the clip, if none other marker is clicked, than resolume distribute the rest of the "beats" in a equal distance. The cool part of add more points is that we could accelerate or slowdown a part of the clip to match the BPM as we wish, creating cool effects or even syncing long and complex clips or renders to the BPM

IF this is to hard to implement, at least let us choose the first downbeat so when the "resync" is pressed, the clip start on the portion of the clip that we choose to and not from the beginning.

that's it! hope if it something like this is added to resolume.
Thanks.