Features that I think are necessary in Resolume

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Infinite137
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Features that I think are necessary in Resolume

Post by Infinite137 »

Features that I think are necessary in Resolume. To be to be competent and similar as Vmix

- Some easy solution for Tally. For now I have invented a wireless DMX for the Resolume

- NDI with audio for encoding.

- NDI with Discovery Server support

- A small mixer or audio router that you can link to different outputs. Not just one output like now. And you can embedded in the SDI outs

- An auto-dissolve between the effects of two sources with the same loaded effects but with different values like Sony, Grass Valley, Ross, Snell mixer broadcast. It would save you to make complex keyframes

- Associate two layers to simulate an A/B bus.

- Be able to hide or minimize certain layers of processing. In order to reduce the space. Not all layers are required to view or modify

- Being able to set the midi shortcuts in the layers, as well as the inputs of the router videos. So that adding or removing new layers should not be reassigned, review the entire project

- Add pause marks to a clip's timeline. Which is played up to that point and then must be selected again to continue playing until the next pause

- Transition layer of more than 10 current seconds

I could continue but I stop now

---edit---

More

- Layer transition Push L, R, Up, down ... with the option to exit on one side, and between the next playback, on the same side.
Last edited by Infinite137 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 23:12, edited 6 times in total.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Features that I think are necessary in Resolume.

Post by Arvol »

Different tools for different jobs. Not a fan of having Resolume being like "other" programs ;)

Tally: Probably best to use something else for this, not something most Resolume users would have a need for.

NDI with audio: +1 and let's get some love for Dante as well

NDI with Discovery Server support: What do you mean? New devices show up automatically when they appear on the network.

Audio Mixer: Already requested by myself and a few other people I believe. If your SDI audio device supports audio then it should automatically appear as a usable device in your system, Resolume would then just pull devices from the OS and shouldn't be an issue using it.

FX auto dissolve: can you elaborate please? You can animate FX and presets, would not having a slow animation "transition time" value change give you the same results?

A/B bus bar: Use the already existing crossfade feature. To get more advanced you can use groups and assign those as well ;)

Minimize UI layers: Has been asked 100 times. +1 would Love this, as well as having more color options for labeling layers and columns.

MIDI mapping request: Already works using the "this" statement on mapping such as "this layer", "this clip", etc.

AngeloDV

Re: Características que creo que son necesarias en el Resolume.

Post by AngeloDV »

FX auto dissolve makes me think about having parameters fade to the new value instead of a hard jump. Can be a nice addition to create better slideshows

Arvol

Re: Características que creo que son necesarias en el Resolume.

Post by Arvol »

If you're just going between 2 values, I'd just use an envelope and them map the values/midi note to a toggle and set your values there. But I guess if you're doing multiple values, this would make sense. You would have to redo the way the shortcut system is built, or add on a new section to it to make this happen I would think.

Infinite137

Post by Infinite137 »

Arvol wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 01:01 Different tools for different jobs. Not a fan of having Resolume being like "other" programs ;)

True

But in the company where I work. When I arrived last, I had to choose the girlfriend that nobody wanted.

There are already people who are developing with VMiX and others with Tricaster.

Resolume is like Cinderella for me. She can have a lot of potential and be the queen of the party.

I have several projects where Resolume is used in full as a TV control room

But right now, there are basic things to improve.

Infinite137

Post by Infinite137 »

Arvol wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 01:01 FX auto dissolve: can you elaborate please? You can animate FX and presets, would not having a slow animation "transition time" value change give you the same results?
A layer transition that was "auto-dissolve" would be necessary. Only with the variables of the Transform tab, it would be enough; Position X, position Y and scale.

Auto-dissolve XYZ being exact

Practical example:

We want a reduced image that is in the upper left of the box. And we want to move in visible motion of two seconds to any of the other three remaining frame corners

For this, it would be necessary to make a two-step Timeline-Keyframe, in the current way possible in Resolume. One for each possibility of movement then another in the opposite direction.

Adding the horizontal, vertical and diagonal movement options we should make 12 clips with the different possibilities.

With X and Z autodissolve it would be possible to do the same with just four clips. One for each position in the corner of the box. The solo would increase or decrease the value of X and Y until reaching just two seconds to the figure of the next selected clip.

With another appreciable advantage. If you re-select a clip that is repeated the same it would not move at all, since X and Y are the same.

On the other hand, with Timeline-keyframe it repeats the activation of the same clip, a serious visible error occurs, due to repetition of the same movement.

it is understood?

Infinite137

Post by Infinite137 »

Arvol wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 01:01
A/B bus bar: Use the already existing crossfade feature. To get more advanced you can use groups and assign those as well ;)

What you say is not really an A / B bus.

In order to be layer A and the associated layer B, they should exchange their position at the end of the transition. Like in real video mixers

That is, if layer 21, bus A, has column 5 selected and layer 22, Bus B, has column 8, at the end of the transition layer 21 must be automatically selected in column 8 and layer 22 pointing to column 5.

Infinite137

Post by Infinite137 »

Arvol wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 01:01 NDI with Discovery Server support: What do you mean? New devices show up automatically when they appear on the network.
And if the IP network is large enough, with several different networks, in which not all computers share the same range of IPs?

That's what the "Discovery Server" is for

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Infinite137 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 23:21
Arvol wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 01:01 NDI with Discovery Server support: What do you mean? New devices show up automatically when they appear on the network.
And if the IP network is large enough, with several different networks, in which not all computers share the same range of IPs?

That's what the "Discovery Server" is for
What kind of networks are you running? Jesus lol

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Arvol wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 01:01 Different tools for different jobs.
I feel those needs, really. I see how those features can be a need on your situation, but If that's the job I will go for vmix/tricaster. Thing is, if resolume introduce all that features, it won't be anymore the tool I need.