SMPTE, autoload next clip, or autoplay clip

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
optikalusion
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

SMPTE, autoload next clip, or autoplay clip

Post by optikalusion »

Hello,

Using current Arena 7.3.1 and trying to get a number of clips to trigger to a SMPTE signal sequentially without manual input.

As there is no Autostart to SMPTE function, I'm trying to simply load the next clip after one has finished playing while synced to SMPTE. The next clip will not load, I need to trigger it manually.

Trying to avoid having 30+ layers active just to 'arm' these clips.

Is there a workaround?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: SMPTE, autoload next clip, or autoplay clip

Post by Arvol »

+1
I requested this a few years back. There's a bit more complicated reasons to why this is a grey area. What if there are two things going at once, or what if a DJ misses the cue or skips past it while playing live. I tried my best to get this done in house but I believe it just got added to the revisit later section haha.

I built this to get me by in the meantime It might help you out too?:
https://gumroad.com/l/trigger_demo_pixel_party

I believe Zoltan has also built something similar as well:
http://palffyzoltan.hu/?url=controller&src=signature

optikalusion
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by optikalusion »

Thanks for the feedback. Your tool looks very useful, nice work.

I can achieve the functionality I want this time using a lighting console to trigger the clips before the timecode event, or adding a bunch of layers with all the clips armed. It's just a little frustrating to rely on workarounds when it seems like the functionality should be there - if the next clip did load after the previous was finished, as is expected, then it would just work without all this extra trouble.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

100% A Lighting Console is the way to go if you have one. I would prefer this method over having Resolume trigger it, that way if something goes wrong, there's only 1 place to look at, The cue stack :)