EDID Information for output devices

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Han
Is taking Resolume on a second date

EDID Information for output devices

Post by Han »

I would like to see in the advanced output under the choosable devices the displayname (readout from EDID) instead of device 1/2/3 and so on.
I think its a nice to have for installations that you cant see. So when the computer crashed, you can bring easily the the right output to the right device by teamviewer without beeing scared to switch for example the left and the right side of your installation.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: EDID Information for output devices

Post by Arvol »

This is a +1 for me. Something I've had some issues with in the past when all connected devices have the same resolution ;)

If the connected devices have different resolutions it's not too bad, but it can be challenging (even on site) when you have 3 devices with the same resolution.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Would you get different EDID info for 3 identical projectors?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Zoltán wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:27 Would you get different EDID info for 3 identical projectors?
That would be the same as their name would be the same, but this request could help for setups that have a TV, LED wall, UI secondary screen, and projector all on the same resolution.

Or better yet (for me lol), maybe just have a feature under the "Identify Slices" param in ASS that says "Identify Screens" and this will send out the standard Windows style "1,2,3,4" overlay on the screen without actually taking over the screens so we know what output 1,2,3,4 is. Or is there a way to hardcode Resolume's screen 1,2,3,4 to always match Windows screens 1,2,3,4? Then we could just use Windows to find this out, but with Dedicated GPU's on a machine with only 4 output's I've seen Resolume show Screen 9 before? lol

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Or better yet (for me lol), maybe just have a feature under the "Identify Slices" param in ASS that says "Identify Screens" and this will send out the standard Windows style "1,2,3,4" overlay on the screen without actually taking over the screens so we know what output 1,2,3,4 is.
You mean like this? https://resolume.com/support/en/output- ... y-displays

It works best if the outputs are disabled.
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2021-02-25 - 20.46.06.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Ahhh! I tried that back in like V5 or V6 but I always had outputs assigned when I tried it, this makes so much more sense now lol.

Well this gets me what I need :) I can live with this

Thanks for the help

Intange
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Intange »

I dont know if this is possible, but I use Xvision 4K Displayport to quad SDI converters. It would be cool if identify displays would adjust to the slicing setup in the advanced output. So one 4K display out that is split to 4 2K slices would show up as 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4.