Pixel Mapping Fixtures with various channel layouts and 16bit

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
rolandmc
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Pixel Mapping Fixtures with various channel layouts and 16bit

Post by rolandmc »

Hello,

Is it possible to pixel map fixtures with 16bit color channels?

Also, is it possible to create a fixture that has several "dummy" channels before and after the RGB channels? I have a fixture that I'd like to pixel map that is broken down into several cells. Each cell has control over things that I don't want Resolume's pixel mapper to touch (things like a strobe channel, a CCT channel, etc). Is it possible to build a fixture that skips these channels and only touches the RGB channels?

Alternatively, is it possible for me to build a custom RGB fixture and just individually address each pixel?

Thank you

mikestjean
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Pixel Mapping Fixtures with various channel layouts and 16bit

Post by mikestjean »

+1 on this, is there a way to add multiple 'Color Params' modules to a custom fixture?
Currently a fixture can only multiply the 'Color Params' and any 'offset' params are only added to the beginning or ending of the 1 fixture, rather than offsetting multiple 'Color Params' modules within a fixture:

Astera Titan tubes in DimRGBStrobe mode, would look like:
D-RGB-S-D-RGB-S-D-RGB-S, etc.

Currently I believe the only way to patch this is by making a separate 'D-RGB-S' fixture for Each pixel...

Thanks!

Speckles
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Pixel Mapping Fixtures with various channel layouts and 16bit

Post by Speckles »

+1
Currently use Arkaos for content on lighting fixtures but would love to switch to Resolume.
I work with a lot of lighting fixtures that have 16bit dimming and color. Chauvet PXLBAR 16 is the biggest problem for me. I run them in Advanced mode which has 16bit color and 16bit dimming. I cannot get around it without using a super simple personality.

Hopefully this can get added eventually but thank you regardless!!