Shift Glitch in sync with BPM

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
subset
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Shift Glitch in sync with BPM

Post by subset »

I'd really like to be able to sync the glitches in the Shift Glitch effect to the BPM tempo. Right now you can choose variable speeds, but they don't sync up to the beats in the music. Shift glitch can create a nice, chaotic look sometimes, but I often find myself thinking that they glitches would look so much better synced.
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.29.49 PM.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Shift Glitch in sync with BPM

Post by Zoltán »

How about syncing the effect opacity to the beat, maybe with an envelope?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Have you tryed to set the freq to something close to the bpm you use (120bpm = 1,2hz) and then mapp the horizontal (or vertical) (or both) to the Audio ffgl direct? You also need to set the transport mode till you like waht you see, and maybe even backwards
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

subset
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by subset »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 18:53 How about syncing the effect opacity to the beat, maybe with an envelope?
That's not quite the effect I'm going for (although that's a nice effect). I like the clip to "stay glitched" at all times, but have the "glitch changes" be matched to the BPM.
He2neg wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 08:33 Have you tryed to set the freq to something close to the bpm you use (120bpm = 1,2hz) and then mapp the horizontal (or vertical) (or both) to the Audio ffgl direct? You also need to set the transport mode till you like waht you see, and maybe even backwards
Also a cool effect, but DJs tend to subtly change tempo quite a bit, so this would quickly go out of sync. And I'm not looking to vary the intensity of the glitches, I'm just interested in the "glitch changes" being in sync with the beats.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Okay, sry i couldnt help ;)

I mostly think a few bpm no1 will notice ;)

Also a change inside the glitch no1 will notice as well (no matter if its in sync or not )
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~