NDI Audio

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
alida
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

NDI Audio

Post by alida »

Any date for Resolume to support NDI audio? Being NDI audio is an uncompressed format, it is actually quite surprising there is no support for it, seems like it should come with it right out of the box.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: NDI Audio

Post by Arvol »

Not that I'm aware of. I would prefer multi channel audio support over NDI audio as you can use Dante at that point, or even a NDI to Dante conversion ;)

alida
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by alida »

Arvol wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 19:20 Not that I'm aware of. I would prefer multi channel audio support over NDI audio as you can use Dante at that point, or even a NDI to Dante conversion ;)
Hey Arvol, may be that Dante or anything else may be a heavier lift, am certain simply supporting NDI uncompressed audio would be soooo simple, as NDI SDKs (the open source ones from NewTek Resolume most surely used) come with audio out-of-the-box. Almost seems like more work for Resolume to NOT have supported it ;-)

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

As of right now, I don't think there is a way to bring in ANY audio from ANY sources. The only way to get audio in is to use the external FFT that you can setup in the preferences. I know you can convert NDI to Dante and then use Dante as your external FFT. You could probably even convert NDI to a local playback source via virtual hardware and eliminate Dante all together.

The bigger picture issue I see here is that there is no audio support for sources and not just a NDI exclusive deal here. I think multichannel audio will need to come before allowing sources to bring in audio, but that's just my 2 cents. For now, I know I can bring in NDI audio with some work arounds, not ideal, but do-able :)