Shortcut to specific GROUPS

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
vjxrat
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Shortcut to specific GROUPS

Post by vjxrat »

I write because I want to request a function to save time and not take too long going up or down through many layers and or groups

the possibility of having "dashboard-type buttons" to link specific groups and to be able to navigate between those groups in the groups tab

In the following example I have 6 groups with 4 layers each, the effects are in the groups and being able to go from group to group to modify the fx takes me a long time

Group 1
layer 1
layer 2
layer 3
layer 4

Group 2
layer 1
layer 2
layer 3
layer 4

Group 3
layer 1
layer 2
layer 3
layer 4

Group 4
layer 1
layer 2
layer 3
layer 4

Group 5
layer 1
layer 2
layer 3
layer 4

Group 6
layer 1
layer 2
layer 3
layer 4

just imagine scrolling through all those layers to be able to go from group to group to change FX

I suppose it could be applied to layers too, it doesn't have to be 20 buttons, I think that with 4/6/8 maybe it's perfect
Attachments
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (11.9 KiB) Viewed 3556 times

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Shortcut to specific GROUPS

Post by Arvol »

I keep all my FX on the layer level but this comment still applies to group or anything else.
Rather than using a dashboard encoder, You can map parameters by the "selected layer/group/clip" style of mapping and then also map a selection button or encoder as well.

How I like to work is I press a button that selects each layer (group in your case) and now ALL of my FX encoders on my controller are only changing that layer. You can use an encoder vs a button to dial through your layers as well and work that way. But I map everything to the "selected" format of mapping so I can just select the course I want to modify then move my encoders or buttons to modify FX. Then all I have to do is select the next layer and I'm good to keep working.

I believe what you are after is a way to link Resolume parameters into some sort of master section.
I've asked for this a year or two back and I believe it's on the road map, but there are some other things taking priority atm so it will probably be a while before we see this happen.
What I requested was a way to drag any object in Resolume to a bank of encoders and then only work from within that bank of encoders. I believe it's very similar to what you are asking, but at the end of the day, what if you have 100's of things to modify, your UI would get cluttered real quick, which is why I suggested the workflow above as an option.

Hope this gives you another way to think of mapping or helps out in some sort of way haha. :)

vjxrat
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Shortcut to specific GROUPS

Post by vjxrat »

Thank you !!! ... I hadn't thought about it .... with your recommendation I solved it very easily .. I mapped 6 keys on my keyboard and that's it! fast access to my groups! :D :D :D