+10s transition time

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
daan.hzndnk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

+10s transition time

Post by daan.hzndnk »

Often I want clips to auto-crossfade for more than 10 seconds for use in theater.
It would be great if I could use the layer transition duration for this instead of putting clips in separate layers and animating the layer opacity using OSC.

It it was for me:
- maximum of 3600 seconds transition time
- the duration fader remains to control max 10 seconds, however it would be great if a greater value can be entered manually in the Layers tab AND a value can be send by OSC using:
"/composition/layers/1/transition/duration a 15" (for a 15 second fade)

extra: - a small countdown in seconds at the location of the layer transition fader to know its running
remaining.jpg
One extra note:
It would be great for all the newbie OSC freaks to have a reminder that sending an absolute value is possible.
Abosolute.jpg
Much gratitude! :)

daan.hzndnk

Re: +10s transition time

Post by daan.hzndnk »

Litte more info: really 5 minutes (300) seconds would be more than enough, but sometimes designers or directors really really want fades that long. I can assure you. In case of 5 minutes I would love to program it using OSC. However many many man times I'm using 15, 30 or 60 seconds as a transition and that's why I ask. If changing the max value to 60 seconds maximum is easier, I would be super happy as well!

- Love -

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

Have u tried this ? It does require your clips to be long enough so they don't get looped while transitioning.

Put clip 1 in layer 1 / column 1 , put clip 2 in layer 2 column 1.
On clip 1 , go to the clip opacity parameter, click the gear icon left of it and choose "Clip position"

Now the opacity value will go from 0 to 100% over the duration of the clip.
Click the gear icon again, enable Enveloppe , and reverse the enveloppe line so it goes from 100 to 0%
Do the same for clip 2 but let the enveloppe be from 0-100%

If you now start the clips by pressing on the column 1 tab, it should work, and u can use the enveloppes to fine tune the duration and curve of transition.

That said, it would be nice to be able to add a custom big number in the layer transition parameter (havent tried if it can yet to be fair). Just leave the slider next the layer transport controls on 10s pls so i don't accidentally scroll over it & put it on 2000sec :)

daan.hzndnk

Post by daan.hzndnk »

Hi Grimm90, thanks for your input :D Yes sometimes this can be super handy! Its just in theater things need to be programmed very precise sometimes. But for some situations it might do the trick and I'm going to experiment just a little more with your method to see if it fits.

A little background information: I use Qlab (runs only on MacOS) to program Resolume. Qlab is like a cue-master program where we can 'cue' everything until the smallest detail with the use of OSC messages, including OSC-fade messages. So I'll use Qlab to animate the transparency fader of a clip, for instance.

It's just when programming a show, time is everything + keeping things organized, so working on just one layer makes a lot of difference. Again, thanks for your input :D

ssami
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Transition duration value problem!

Post by ssami »

Hi.

I really need working option to set longer transistions than 10s, on multiple clips at once.
I need <30s long transition duration time.
I need it to prjoject with many hundreds of clips: 460 columns and 8+ layers, on autopilot random mode. Transition is needed between columns.
I have already read all solutions from this forum and its not what i really need.
Many other users also asking same thing.

I am not triggering clips on live show, its installation which playing itself on autopilot.
It is not so helpful to try to do it with envelope way like here:
https://resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18176
I also try to keep it under one software.

Is there any way to solve problem?
Is there any way to change code of transition duration max value?
Can developers please help me?

Also second same kind of problem is how to change duration time of multiple clips at once, without need to change it one by one? Is there posibility to somehow change code of layers propertities?

Thanks for any help!