Custom test card

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
LegitJesseee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Custom test card

Post by LegitJesseee »

A small thing, but it would be very convenient if you could overwrite the default test card with your own PNG/mp4. I primarily use Arena with odd shaped LED walls, and I build all of my mappings in pxl grid before importing into Arena. The default test card is rarely useful except for seeing if my processor is mapped even remotely correct. Maybe the animated shading and system time could still pop up on the center of the custom card.

Even fancier would be the ability for each slice to have its own test card with the slice name, resolution, etc, instead of spanning the default.

This could be a setting in the advanced output tab and saved with mapping presets.

Thoughts?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Custom test card

Post by Arvol »

Most people who use Resolume build their own, as some people want circles, some people want X's, some people want greyscales. I would just make your own. I built my own using Wire :)

LegitJesseee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by LegitJesseee »

Arvol wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 00:01 Most people who use Resolume build their own, as some people want circles, some people want X's, some people want greyscales. I would just make your own. I built my own using Wire :)
I do have my own (typically made with pxl grid, based on the mapping). It would just be convenient if I could set it to pop up when I hit the show test card icon to override whatever else is showing instead of the default test card.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I'd just load it into a clip then.
TBH I've been asking for a test card keyboard shortcut for about 6 years without any luck on that, so I don't think a test card re-vamp would be happening anytime soon, but who knows? Anything can happen, all we can do is ask and hope for it, right? :)