Using multiple audio channels to drive audioreactive parameters

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
justints
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Using multiple audio channels to drive audioreactive parameters

Post by justints »

Hello.

I'm been away from Resolume for some time now - I have gone the Isadora route for a while. It is a lovely environment. One of the main reasons for this was the ability to use multi-channel audio to drive animation which Resolume did not do back in 2016.

Doing a quick survey of the forum right now, I am not sure if this has changed.

Is anyone doing this kind of work? I have an inexpensive Behringer interface with four inputs. I work with 4 musicians, each feeding me a discrete feed before the mix. I would like to be able to freely select from these 4 feeds and assign feeds to modulate specific parameters. For example, CH1 is feeding a scale modulation, CH2 is modulating the transparency, CH3 is modulating another layer's colour, CH4 is modulating another layer's rotation.

If Resolume does not do this natively, has anyone had success doing this with another application to translate audio amplitude to multiple midi control signals or OSC feeds to be used in Resolume? Max? The sampling frequency would only need to be 30-60Hz.

I have a show we're developing for which I would really like to begin using Resolume again - I love the interface and functionality.

Looking forward to your input.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Using multiple audio channels to drive audioreactive parameters

Post by Arvol »

Multi channel audio support has been on the request list for years, so that part is a know request.

Also, shameless plug ;)
https://pixelparty.gumroad.com/l/beat_d ... ixel_party

justints
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Using multiple audio channels to drive audioreactive parameters

Post by justints »

Thanks for your input. The beat doctor looks really interesting. I will investigate this.