Feature Requests for Analog Workflows

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
vhsdestroyer
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Feature Requests for Analog Workflows

Post by vhsdestroyer »

Hello. I've currently just upgraded several versions to Resolume 7 and also purchased Wire. My workflow is using Resolume out of my laptop through an Atomos digital to analog converter and processing all my video through an LZX video synth.

There are some definite similarities in working with LZX and Wire but I have some specific things I'm looking for.

-Resolume: More control on random mode. Specifically a button or trigger to advance the playhead to a random position. Basically a way to automate jump cuts .
(EDIT: made some limited progress by making a multi-band envelope follower to midi from audio FFT in Wire)

-Wire: Tile with Reflections. In concert with the droste effect, this allows the generation of 'fractals' or at least seamless recurring patterns.

-Wire: Shape softness, turning shapes into gradients. This may only be possible as a texture.

-Wire: Read string data from a txt file, or txt files from a folder.

-Resolume: Video router "All Above" setting.
(EDIT: targeting a secondary video router with "All Below" works for now)

There are a few more nebulous ideas like implementations in Wire for gradient based synthesis, that would best be helped by video explanations so I will save those for another thread.
Attachments
03240266-AEA8-4382-9632-7BFA6C1559BA.jpeg