Clip PlayHead

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
VJH0
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Clip PlayHead

Post by VJH0 »

Hello!

I'm doing some experimenting with using clip playheads - and when you press 'FWRDS' and 'FRWDS' again it'll jump to the end of the clip; the same with 'BCKWRDS'.

It would be great to see a feature where double pressing the playhead would instead, play from where the arrowhead is on the timeline, essenitally creating a 'Live Cue Point Feature'. So when the clip is playing, I can recycle any part of the clip I like, as many times as I want.

This would also solve the issue of having the clip jump to the very start or very end, which of course is not ideal for a live perfomance scenario! I am currently having to route every clip playhead press through the pause button, to avoid double pressing and thus clip jumping. Which is very quickly becoming confusing and impratical.

This is because when using Clip 'Bounce', the position of the playhead becomes unpredicible when used with BeaLoopr, it will either come out as forwards or backwards, and a single mistake will ruin the clip by cyhcling it to the start or end.

It would also be cool to see a feature where a double press on the playhead does nothing , so I can (double / triple e.t.c) press the clip playhead as many times as I want without anything happening at all. Meaning if I wanted a performance more flawless than using a 'Live Cue point feature', then it can be achieved.

Big Thanks!!

J

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Clip PlayHead

Post by Zoltán »

Resolume already has a cue point feature, does that not work for this?
https://resolume.com/support/en/video#cue-points
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

VJH0
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Clip PlayHead

Post by VJH0 »

Hello!

No so unfrotunately the current way the clip head works, doesn't quite work for what I'm trying to make --

The problem I am encountering is when using 'Clip Bounce' in conjuction with 'BeatLoopr' the playhead direction of the clip becomes unpredictable. it will either land on forwards, or backwards. The issue is that when I try to correct for the direction of the clip, by manually pressing forwards or backwards, if I get it wrong and press the direction that is already playing, the clip playhead will either jump to the start or the end of the clip.

It would be great to have it so that if I double press the playhead (e.g. FRWDS + FRWDS) instead of jumping to the end of the clip, it would instead start the clip from the Current Clip Timeline arrow position.

This would be great as it would fix the problem I'm having where the clip will jump to the start or end. It would also be really cool as this feature could then be used as a 'Live Cue Point'. This way, any moment within the clip has the potenital to become a cue point.

I already have all my cuepoints pre assigned so I don't carry any spares. But having the flexibility to use a Live cue point position, would allow for a much more freestyle approach when using cuepoints.

Big Thanks!

J