Go ahead and Jump!

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Eyebyte
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Go ahead and Jump!

Post by Eyebyte »

Greetings friends,

Heres a new feature that I think is essential and would change the speed at which I do everything.
A little about my groove - I have been using Resolume since 2.4 and after millennia trying to come up with a scalable system of dealing with massive amounts of content - this is what I do.

Instead of working left/right with 3-5 layers, go went up, up, up! My composition sits at about 120+ layers. These layers are divided into groups containing 2-5 layers. When I open resolume, I autostart a few autopilot layers, but as I scroll down, I trigger clips and autopilot layers that I might want to use later.

By the time I gert to the bottom, I have about 25-35 layers in play

At the bottom of my composition, I have 9 layers in a group I call my master mixer. This group contains layer routers representing groups and layers. I then mix and trigger these groups into the master mixer along with some sources, NDI feeds and special clips.
The master mixer is then routed to the very top layer.

If I have a group of fire and flame clips that's routed to a layer router and I want to change the blend or add sparks, I have to scroll through hundreds of clips and layers to navigate to that group to make the changes. This takes time and its dead time.

What I really want is to be able to right-click on a layer router and have an option to JUMP to that group/layer/clip. Make the changes, then back into the mix.

If anyone wants to have a look at my composition, feel free to email me, ( eyebyte at gmail dot com ) and ill send it to you. Its taken years to get this system right and all I need is one feature to make it streamlined. It takes a serious PC to VJ this way, but its the only way to deal with 25000+ clips.

Thanking you in advance

Mikey

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Go ahead and Jump!

Post by Arvol »

more layers = more system resources. more columns doesn't ;)

Eyebyte
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Eyebyte »

More clips mean more resources.
I think you'll fine more layers are not much more weight than columns and its a much more efficient and usable way of dealing with more clips.

Try it out.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Clip amount is the same regardless if you use more column or layers. For each layer, you now have to render out another texture running at your composition set resolution. column don't ;)
If you aren't having performance issues, that's great. Just giving you a friendly heads up is all :)