Multiple FFT inputs

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
booshtukka
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Multiple FFT inputs

Post by booshtukka »

My mixer (DJM-900NXS2) has a bunch of outputs. I'd love to be able to use them all!

For example, I have one output that's just the post-fader A channel, another that's the post-fader B, another that's the mic… I'd love A to just affect one layer, and B another. And if I could use audio in from the mic to temporarily show my video - that would be amazing.

SUPERVOID.tv
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Multiple FFT inputs

Post by SUPERVOID.tv »

+1

Larius

Post by Larius »

+1

vjxrat

Post by vjxrat »

I came to propose the same

I have an audio card with 6 inputs

Imagine everything that could be done by assigning each of those 6 audio inputs (each instrument and voice) separately and not having to fight so much with specific frequencies.

booshtukka

Post by booshtukka »

I wanted to have my DJ Mixer (DJM-900NXS2) switch to a video source of me whenever I'm using the microphone. I started with trying to map the MIDI outputs for the Mic Talkover switch. Of course, this is the only switch that doesn't generate MIDI signals. So then I thought - fine, I'll use the audio from the microphone to trigger the clip. But I'm already using FFT for the main output of the mixer, and so I can't do that. :(

Any ideas?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Maybe via Midi from a channel fader?
You might need an external preamp.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

booshtukka

Post by booshtukka »

There’s no channel fader for the mic sadly. There are EQ pots which I could tweak quickly to trigger the clip, but it all works best when it happens without me thinking about it.

The new revision of the amp has a talk over button which does send MIDI, but I believe it’s note on when you hold it down, and note off when you let go. I don’t see any way to react to a note off signal.

seethings

Post by seethings »

+1. I currently take mixer sends of Kick Drum, Bass guitar, Vocal, as well as a stereo room mic from the front of the house mixer and run them into my smaller stage mixer, with the output set to the input of the FFT Input in Resolume. I choose which source I want to drive the audio reactive element of my visuals. While this works pretty well, I do often wish I had at least two FFT input options to affect parameters.

booshtukka

Post by booshtukka »

Bumping this! I got Arena on the 50% off sale, and playing around with CDJ 3000s mapped to a series of layers.

I would really REALLY love deck 1 to have an FFT input mapped to the layer fader for deck 1, and so on for each of my 3 decks. So when there is nothing playing on a deck, the layer is automatically hidden. Often I bring up an audio fader before I hit play, so this means the layer is showing even when there's no audio.

And then to have a master FFT for FX on the whole output, to have it bump in time to the bass etc.

More FFT inputs! Please!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

booshtukka wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 13:23 I would really REALLY love deck 1 to have an FFT input mapped to the layer fader for deck 1, and so on for each of my 3 decks. So when there is nothing playing on a deck, the layer is automatically hidden. Often I bring up an audio fader before I hit play, so this means the layer is showing even when there's no audio.
How would Resolume know that you don't want to show the image while the deck is paused?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu