Save effects settings?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
yck
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Save effects settings?

Post by yck »

Is there a way to save your effects settings in combination with your choosen videoclips? Or will it come in version 3.0?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

it would be lovely to save plugin presets to each videoclip!
if there is a way to implement it, please -- do it.. i'd kill for this feature :)

jimmi15

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

I think this happens if you save the deck with effects applied? I save decks occasionaly during sets just in case and I'm sure they load up exactly as I left them. Not at machine to tell sorry.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

If you save a deck with effects on clips those settings will bes saved like continuity-B syas.
Saveing different presets of fx is not possible at the moment.

Cheers
Edwin

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Is it just me but Res always seems to have problems when ever I have audio controlling a paramitar in an effect. it never saves setting for audio control. - Jim

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

PLEASE!
Its seems a real gaping hole, you can create awesome effects by tweaking 3 layers of effect on top of each other, I control resolume with a midi drum kit, at the end of each song I have to spend 1 min tweaking and getting my effects together by comparing it with a piece of paper! :mad: Im sure its well cool what the dev team is doing with DMX, but this basic feature seems a lot more relevant to most vj's. Im praying that they put it in soon, it would make all the difference for me: just a double click to load a new "effect deck" and i'd be able to continue playing. I cant belive this feature has not already been included... any plans to include it?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

this will not be included in our next 2.4 release but it is on our todo list for a next version.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi,
like bart said you can't save different presets of effects. But you can save the default state of an effect. Maybe this helps a bit, set the effect to the settings you want and click on the floppy disk icon. The next time you load an effect it will be loaded with the settings you saved it in. Right click the floppy disk icon to reset to it's default settings.

Edwin

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

hmmm what you could do is copy the file.... and have different presets for each file... i think that should work...