in & out slider value in status bar and CPU usage meter?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Anonymous

in & out slider value in status bar and CPU usage meter?

Post by Anonymous »

It's possible that I'm overseeing something, but it would be really great if it's possible to show the current value of the in & out sliders in the status bar underneath the preview window.

I'm always messing around to get these sliders at the right position because (control + i & control + o) don't always do the trick when a movie is playing.

I would like to see the values of effect in & out and movie in & out displayed somewhere...

Next to this feature request i'd also like to see a CPU usage indicator somewhere (possibly next to the clock?). When i'm using lots of effects the output sometimes slows down or it sometimes even stops for a couple of frames because my P4 3.0Ghz can't handle the workload... It might also come in handy to have a FPS indicator next to the CPU usage indicator...

I don't know what the extra overhead of these features would be, but it would be nice if people could turn this extra feature off by flipping a switch in the preferences window...

What does everybody think about these features?

Cheers & keep up the good work!

XNDR

Danger
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Danger »

in & out slider value would be a great thing to help us make on real time better loop's inside long movies

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

You can view fps with [ctrl][alt] if you use dvd-max type output (otherwise it shows up on your output)

[Edited on 9-2-2006 by continuity-B]

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

yeah it,s kinda hard to fine-tune the in/out points at the moment, i,d like to radially change how they work but i,maffraid it,s close to the bottom of our todo list.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

FPS or cpu usage indicator are a great idea, I would say ANYTHING could just tell you "HEY YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF RESOURCE", if you start adding effects layers and a lot of midi actions every cpu out there gets overloaded at a certain point (dual core support would also help!).

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

beside slider value something like sequence-marks woult be also very fine!