XM1 compatabliltiy

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Meno
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

XM1 compatabliltiy

Post by Meno »

Hi,

i dont know if this applies just to the XM1 (GL1 in the USA) but the camera seems to have a power saving utility which means it cuts out after a minute or two of not being used (i.e. being recorded on). does anyone know if there's a way of preventing this, and if not, is there a way of resolume in the future sending some sort of info to the camera to tell it that it's being used and not to cut out? otherwise the only option left is to set the camera recording the entire time so it can be used as a source in the mix, hence it cant be used quite so quickly or easily to switch over to record the mix or be used as an alternative source (by playing back a dv tape) should my computer crash during a performance.

any ideas or info on expreience with this camrea would be much appreciated.

Justin

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

i havent used the xm1, but try plugging a power cable into it, or try leaving the tabe bay open.... other then that there might be a menu option under camera settings. or soemthing like it.

therandelman
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by therandelman »

Originally posted by levon
there might be a menu option under camera settings. or soemthing like it.
levon is right! there should be an options in the settings of the camera, which allows you to specify what happens when the camera is turning into "power saving mode" ...

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Panasonic cameras require an empty tape deck to stay active. Sometimes you even have to leave the tape bay open (as Levon wrote). Though the XM1 is not from Panasonic, you can try this.

Meno
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Meno »

Bingo!

cheers guys, i'd already checked for power saving modes, tried using a power cable etc but with no luck, but the empty tape deck works; doesnt even need to be left open. strange though; it's not exactly an intuitive solution.

Thanks again.

Justin