Much more advanced Keystoning

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
ni-cad
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Much more advanced Keystoning

Post by ni-cad »

I've been hunting hi and low for this kind of advanced Keystone/video mapping and warping for many months now. I have also noticed other people asking for more advanced video mapping and keystoning to be featured in Res 3. Please can we have lots more extra keystone point's so we can really "Crunch" up our layers or map them to whatever objects we want to, we can use as many keystone points as you can give us, also how about keystone lines as well? '

This is the kind of Layer warping effect we could create if we had more keystone point's and advanced mapping.

http://eborelease.wordpress.com/2007/10 ... arbageman/

I've tried everywhere and everything I can, to find a way to reproduce this kind of warping, After effect's can't do it, no VJ software can do it either, it's a custom effect that he has designed himself in jitter, his software is also not available . . I checked.

Or could you give us a new FFGL effect along these lines?

Regards ni-cad.

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: Much more advanced Keystoning

Post by edwin »

It's not really a keystone plugin they are using but more like a distort plugin.
They probably have a 3d model, a plane with a lot of vertexes that they can twist and turn and mess-up.
Would be nice to have a plugin like that, i'm not really a 3d programmer but maybe some example code can be found.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

the ability to distort an image or video according to the shape of a model would be amazing. allowing for instance video to be "wrapped" along a curved surface such as a curved corner in a room. its probably not the only solution that offers it, but ive seern this working on The Addict servers which are installed in Matter nightclub in london, its a truly great feature.

nwonknu
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by nwonknu »

I've thought that will be implemented in r3, obviously not.
But a nice plugin can be done. Maybe that's even better solution

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

nwonknu: We have a keystone plugin, but that takes four point only for the moment.
A distort plugin wich takes takes a model as an input would be very nice and could be easily impleneted in a FFGL plugin if you have the skills. I'm not really a 3D programmer and have to focus on other things at the moment. But i'm sure such a plugin like this will certainly pop-up if more developers dive into the FFGL standard.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

Is it possible to "chain" a keystone plugin AFTER the record function? (or to make both possible - recording with and without keystone plugin?)
A few days ago I've mapped the picture using the keystone plugin at composition level. Surprise, surprise :lol: the recorded footage was (key)stoned.
Or maybe a record plugin could solve this issue? Then it's easy to put it at the right place to record footage undistorted.

;) Rene