DXV Codec additions

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
wuzzle
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

DXV Codec additions

Post by wuzzle »

I love the concept of this new codec, but two things would be advantageous to us poor users:

1) The codec has support for acceleration on video cards. Ok, lets take that one step further and have the option of encoding on the videocard as well. It will take forever to re-encode my clips at this rate.

2) A batch converter. Livid offers a Batch Export Utility to the users. Since there are no settings to set in this new codec, it should be a simple thing for someone (perhaps an external developer) to code a direct conversion tool.

*EDIT* The batch converter works for me :)

Ideas?
Last edited by wuzzle on Sun Mar 29, 2009 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
VJ Wuzzle
Shakti Collective - Toronto, Canada

sleepytom

Re: DXV Codec additions

Post by sleepytom »

Can you clarify if the codec supports alpha transparency or not? i seem to be able to encode 32bit video in after effects but i don't get the transparency when played in resolume. when i reopened the clips in ae they come in with the alpha channel but the channel contains a full mat. This would indicate a problem with the encoding stage i guess.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi sleepytom,
The codec doesn't support an alpha channel yet, well it does but it's 1 bit only and because that's not really usable we ignore it. The next version of the codec will support a full alpha channel.

multisca
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by multisca »

wuzzle wrote: 2) A batch converter. Livid offers a Batch Export Utility to the users. Since there are no settings to set in this new codec, it should be a simple thing for someone (perhaps an external developer) to code a direct conversion tool.
The Livid Batch DXV Codec Converter have a issue with sound in output DXV file!!!
:ugeek:

wuzzle

Post by wuzzle »

multisca wrote:
wuzzle wrote: 2) A batch converter. Livid offers a Batch Export Utility to the users. Since there are no settings to set in this new codec, it should be a simple thing for someone (perhaps an external developer) to code a direct conversion tool.
The Livid Batch DXV Codec Converter have a issue with sound in output DXV file!!!
:ugeek:
Sorry to hear that, I don't use sound at all, so didn't come across this issue.
VJ Wuzzle
Shakti Collective - Toronto, Canada