Functionality which could be useful.

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
glasshopper
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Functionality which could be useful.

Post by glasshopper »

Hello.

Based on tests I have carried out the following would be useful additions for a future release.

1. Distinction between the colour coding used for midi / key mapping - ie: different saturation for Composition / Application: Deck / Layer mapping so I have an immediate visual clue as to which mapping I am currently working on. Also clear labeling in the Midi Map panel would help here.

2. The ability to map elements to a midi controller / keyboard even of they do not contain footage - it seems that the current implementation is not uniform for all levels of mapping.

3. As per Resolume 2 - the ability to right click a clip in the clip viewer window and see a popup containing the current clip playback controls and a list of all effects currently applied to the clip - possibly with the ability to remove effects one by one or blind all.

4. Cue point marker in timeline once a cue point has been added - if this translated up to the transport viewer for the layer [ which is a great feature by the way ] it could be very useful.

4[a]. Ability to remove cue points !!!

5. The ability to enable/disable random playback for clips with audio / standalone audio in the prefs.

yochee

Re: Functionality which could be useful.

Post by yochee »

some more ideas.. have phun :D

- subfolders for ffgl/vst-effects
(need to devide between motion effects, colour filters..)

- a possibility to manage separately the output-layers and deck-rows
(i want to switch clips from row 1 to row 2 but i dont want to change output-layers)

- would be nice to be able to view the clips properties and clips effects while the deck of the clip isnt selected
(when a clip from deck1 is playing, but deck2 is visible currently i cant view the properties of the clip by right-clicking on it. first deck1 must be reselected)

- is there any way to get the properties-submenues eg. Dashboard/Transport/CuePionts//Video or Dashbord/VideoEffects some more slim? maybe instead of beneath each other sidy by side
(at least the dashboard, cue point and transport-knobs. by now the windows are too small because of the tabs)

(- additional keyboard mapping eg. for combo-keys via options menu)

thx!

olivepixel

Post by olivepixel »

glasshopper wrote: 4. Cue point marker in timeline once a cue point has been added - if this translated up to the transport viewer for the layer [ which is a great feature by the way ] it could be very useful.
Untitled-1.gif
Untitled-1.gif (6.7 KiB) Viewed 11415 times
I'd love this feature also, perhaps only visible when the Cue Points menu is expanded.

(sorry for dragging up an old thread)

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Nice idea indeed!
Would like to add:
- more cue points (can be optionally)

Also:
- longer or more flexible loop-length in the beatlooper

Anyway, thumbs up for Avenue - good work guys!

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

+1 for the color-distinction, the subfolders and the cue-points (think they were mentioned before in some other thread)
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I've added two tickets to the features list:
#1275 different colour shading for all mapping modes
#1276 subfolders for effects

Cue points on the timeline and longer beatlooper periods are on the list already, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6584 and viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6430. Unfortunately it's probably going to be a while before we get round to it.

We can see the appeal of more cue points. The idea of the current Resolume interface is to have a few crucial controls at your fingertips, without things becoming too cluttered. 6 cue points give you a lot of options, while still being manageable. If we were to add more, the next logical step would be to make the system dynamic, with a user definable amount of cue points. This would make the interface a lot more complicated. It's something to think about though.

mfo

Post by mfo »

Colored nodes and longer beatlooper periods sound very nice! Hooray.

Concerning more cue points, I perfectly agree with keeping the user interface slim. Thats why I wrote "optionally" -> more cue points could be available in the prefs, but switched off per default. Reason for that wish is my workflow when playing live:
To me its much easier to access cue points rather than trigger clips. I have like 30 clips, each containing several loops or variants that all belong to the "topic" of that clip. Playing live I access these loops or variants via cue points by using the NanoKeys. Thus allows me to actually _play_ the video sequences - quickly and intuitively. And sometimes - just in some cases - 6 cue points are not enough for this technique.

EDIT: Ooops, now I see you wrote "We can see the appeal...",I thought it was "We cant see..". Aargh. Now I've written this whole paragraph..

werlin

Post by werlin »

i just remembered a good one to go with the cue-markers:

a snap button that would allow you to move the in\out markers exactly on top of the cue markers

ex: press snap, move faders, release all and let it play

(of course it would be sensible to add: if out-marker on top of cue>then>the out-marker backs up 1 frame)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

a snap button that would allow you to move the in\out markers exactly on top of the cue markers
We're working on allowing you to set the in and out points more precisely by inputting numbers. That way you could prepare your set more accurately.

Joris

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

goto10 wrote:
We're working on allowing you to set the in and out points more precisely by inputting numbers. That way you could prepare your set more accurately.

Joris
YES!
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████