Audio info to Flash?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
vj-void
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Audio info to Flash?

Post by vj-void »

Hi there,
I am not sure if this is the right place to put this question, but it looked the most logic to me.
Since i use Flash quite a lot for school and i am interested in coding, generated visuals are the way to go for me. So i was pretty exited with the Flash support in R3.1, but i miss something here. Or maybe i just looking right over it.
In R2.41 there where parameters that passed the sound information to Flash. Do i miss this functionality in R3.1? I do have searched through the manuals but all i can find are parameters controlled by me (the VJ) and not by the sound from the DJ...
Thanks!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Audio info to Flash?

Post by Joris »

Hey Void

With the arrival of Avenue, it's no longer needed to get audio information via Flash. Any parameter can now be controlled by audio-FFT from within Resolume. Simply select 'Audio-FFT-> external' from the drop down arrow next to the parameter. You may need need to set your audio preferences to take the mic or line input, depending on what's needed.

Hope that helps!

Joris

vj-void
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Audio info to Flash?

Post by vj-void »

Thats a different approach. But a welcome one.
Thanks!