3D plug-in?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: 3D plug-in?

Post by pfelberg »

Rene wrote:
goto10 wrote:...I also tried to playback stereoscopic content (side-by-side) with Resolume 4 (Left:960*1080; Right 960*1080 --> 1920*1080) and sent it via HDMI to a 3D-TV. Worked without problems :)...
That would be my guess. I would use two footages, left and right eyes´ clips. One on each layer. Position layers side by side as suggested. That might work as well with Avenue 3 and Matrox TH2G. Anyway, for that technique to work, it would require two different projectors PROPERLY aligned. One single 3D capable projector will not work, since Avenue/Arena can´t interpretate a 3D multilayer content yet.

Dumb question/point. There´s still a need to start playing both clips exactly at the same time. I assume there´s already a way to do that in Avenue/Arena, is there?

Humm... I like that. I shall run some tests myself here. I´ll let you know soon...

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

pfelberg wrote:... since Avenue/Arena can´t interpretate a 3D multilayer content yet...
What's a 3D multilayer content?

If you split left and right to individual clips (which I personally would not do), you could use the column trigger to start all clips of a specific column at the same time. However that means that you are limited to two layers (or one "stereoscopic layer" which consists of two normal layers)

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

I am used to multilayer content because I used to work with autostereo content, which is different from stereo content.
Autostereo content has from 5 to 9 different views, depending on what kind of 3D display you will work on. Your eyes will still see only one pair of images at a time, according to your viewing angle from the display.
So... there are a couple of property packages that can create one single mp4 video file, called "a multiplexed file" containing all views (all renders).
I believe that can work as well with a stereo file. Still, you need a player able to interpretate this file and split layers correctly.
Curiously, when opening a multiplexed files in Vegas, for instance, it will open each different image layer. But that´s far as we can go, because Vegas cannot re encode it properly. if you try, you will flat the file (no 3D).
As far as I know, Arena cannot play those files as well.

baustellen
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by baustellen »

I really have a dumb question. If a create anaglyph-footage e.g. in After-Effects with the Stereo-Camera-Rig and put those files in Resolume and give x-hundreds glasses to the crowd, will this easily work? Simply put that footage in Resolume and play it?
When I would apply a moving effects on 3d-footage, will the 3d-effec last? Is 756x578 good enough for projection anaglyph-footage?
I am new to that, but that sounds really interesteng, especially in combination with projection mapping. Does anyone has expierence with the 3d-Stroke effects in AfterEffects, is there anyway to make it anaglyphic? Beacause it only produces flat 2d-effect, but it would be so nice to have anaglyphic on that...
all the best
baustellen

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

Yes, there´s no reason why you can´t play anaglyph content in Resolume.

If you apply any Resolume effect in your anaglyph footage, sounds like you will definately lose the 3D effect. Anaglyph effect is mostly based on the proper distance (x axis) from red and green (blue, sometimes). Effects should change that in a very psycodelic way. I can´t stand watching to anaglyph for more than a couple of minutes or I will end up with a severe headache. Now, imagine that during a gig, alcoohol going on... my guess is that results won´t be very pretty ; )

grif
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by grif »

Reasons why 3d will never make it onto the live scene:

1. glasses

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

That´s not exactly true.
The 3D projection technology, glasses free, already exist. But can´t be applied to a building or architecture.
It is still limited to the use of special screens which are also limited in size.