2 external audio questions

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
coz3r
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

2 external audio questions

Post by coz3r »

I looked in the manual but manuals tend to excite my ADD so I apologize if my questions are obvious!

1. Is it possible to have an event triggered when the volume hits a certain level? For instance toggling a clip to either move forward or backwards as the beat hits.

2. is there a better way to switch from basic control to external control on parameters? The dropdown menu is somewhat of a hurdle when youre trying to switch on the fly. I tried to map it to midi but without luck.

Thanks for your help!!

deflost
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: 2 external audio questions

Post by deflost »

hallo, i have the same questions too.
is there any reason, why none anser these?
westfernsehen, leipzig

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: 2 external audio questions

Post by Joris »

Hey there!
1. Is it possible to have an event triggered when the volume hits a certain level?
At the moment, no. Features like this, although we can see the functionality, don't really fit into the overall workflow of Avenue. For this sort of functionality, you usually are better off in a programming environment like Max, Flash or Processing.
2. is there a better way to switch from basic control to external control on parameters?
These switches can not be controlled externally. You could however have multiple copies of a clip, each set to its own animator, which could then be triggered by midi.

I hope that answers your questions!

Joris