Compostion, Layers or Clips Properties as effect

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
djdiego71
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Compostion, Layers or Clips Properties as effect

Post by djdiego71 »

Hi, how can save some properties as presets? or may in the future make an effect with the same parameters than properties? (Size, position, etc)

Some times i need to put some clips o layers in an specific size & position and then change it to another, but is not effective set every setting and loose precious time.

If this parameters can set as preset or like an effect module, we can put many different presets on effect column and set on/off much easy.

Sorry about my poor english.

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: Compostion, Layers or Clips Properties as effect

Post by edwin »

We are thinking of a clip presets system. This way you could store a clips state as a preset. Also multi clip editing is something which would come in handy when you need to change properties of a lot of clips.

muchachotron
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by muchachotron »

yes, please address the tenacity of clip slot properties!

i ran in to an issue where i was swapping a clip in a slot after manually setting the properties of the clip to conform to an object that i am mapping a projection upon. after swapping the clip with an identically-prepared image (which would need to inherit the same property adjustments as the original), the properties are returned to their defaults and i need to re-calibrate the mapping (scale, position, etc.)

in my case, i can think of ways to work around this particular setback (such as having the images as a movie and just access frames of that movie instead of swapping out static image files), but it would still be great to have the option to retain clip slot properties when swapping clips. maybe a little "lock" button in each parameter? if that is too complex, maybe just for each layer? or at the very least, a toggle-able preference that globally affects every clip slot.

saving the properties as a preset is good too, but it needs to be able to retain the preset/properties when swapping clips during a live performance -- i guess with the preset being locked in to the clip slot or layer once applied?

lovin' resolume

djdiego71

Post by djdiego71 »

Will be great an effect like old PanSpinZoom from Pete's Plugins on resolume 2.

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Right, not effect, the clips state as a preset is the way.
If you're mapping can save u a lot of extra render time (or manual adjust time)

olivepixel

Post by olivepixel »

Another related (but different!) preset request:

How about being able to store all the settings currently in place? I often find that it can be quite tricky to recreate a 'look' because there are so many controllable variables across all the effects, and it would be very nice to be able to jump to a few saved presets.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly, but you can already save the settings of an effect as a preset. Click on the preset drop down in the top right of the effect, and choose save as...

I hope that's what you meant :-D

Joris

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

I think what he means is saving a preset for the entire "effect-rack" and that it can be tricky to recreate the combination of all the effects involved. I wanted to ask for this before, but always forgot to :roll: definitely +1
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

rxfromparis

Post by rxfromparis »

+1 :D
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

After
#908 'Searching/grouping effects'
#1131 'select and move/copy multiple effects at the same time'

I'll add #1257 'presets for multiple effects'. Does that cover everything for effects and presets? ;)

(BTW, in future, it's a lot clearer if a new thread is created for a new feature request)